This Wisconsin human trafficking survey was conducted from March to August 2007 and was published in February 2008. It targeted justice system agencies and service providers in the state of Wisconsin.
- ♦ Human trafficking exists in Wisconsin; as many as 200 victims of sex and labor trafficking have come in contact with service providers and/or justice system agencies
- ♦ Wisconsin is home to both international trafficking, with victims coming from all over the world, and domestic human trafficking
- ♦ Service Providers and justice system agencies have limited knowledge about human trafficking; most of them are ea- ger to learn more about it
- ♦ Although human trafficking is not per- ceived as a problem by the majority of respondents, trafficking exists in both urban and rural areas of the state
- ♦ Most human trafficking cases reported in the survey are perpetrated by the vic- tim’s family members or prostitute cli- ents and pimps.