- Armored Upgrades And Modifications: The Evolution Of Syrian Army Tanks
- ترمپ، مشتاق مذاکره با ایران Trump, eager to negotiate with Iran
- Russia’s Military Scientists and Future Warfare
- Moderating Saudi Islam: Government Proposes Tightening Fundraising Rules
- Moderating Saudi Islam: Government Proposes Tightening Fundraising Rules
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- Abdullah of Saudi Arabia
- ARMS RACE
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- Benjamin Netanyahu
- BREITBART -WH
- Counter Terrorism
- COUNTER TERRORISM
- CYBBER SECURITY
- CYBER CRIME
- CYBER INTELLIGENCE
- CYBER TERRORISM
- DARK WEB
- DEFENCE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
- Defense Foreign Policy
- DEFENSE INDUSTRY
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Department of Homeland Security
- DIA, COUNTER CYBER SECURITY
- DOMESTIC TERROR
- Domestic Terrorism
- FAKE NEWS OR NOT
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- GREAT BRITIN
- GUCIFIER 20
- Hizb ut-Tahrir
- HomeLand Security
- HOMELAND TERRORISM
- HUMAN INTELLIGENCE
- IDEOLOGIES AND RELIGION
- Intelligence Community
- INTELLIGENCE TALK
- International affairs
- INTERNET SURVAILANCE
- IRAN REGIME CHANGE
- IRAQ INVASION
- IRAQI CHRISTIANS
- ISLAMIC MILITARY COUNTER TERRORISM COALITION
- LAW ENFORCEMENT
- MI5, MI6
- Military News
- Modern Slavery
- Money Launder
- MONEY LAUNDRY
- N. KOREA
- National Counterterrorism Center
- NORT KOREA
- NUCLEAR WEAPONS
- ORGANS INDUSTRY
- POLITICAL ISLAM
- RACIST MOVEMENTS IN USA
- Saudi Arabia
- SAUDI ARABIA
- SAUDI-ISRAELI RELATIONS
- SECRETARY OF TREASURY
- Security and Intelligence
- SHIN BET
- STATE DEPRTMENT
- SYRIA WMD
- Syrian Army
- TRUMP – IMMIGRATION
- united nations
- US POLITICS
- USA EMBASSIES
- USA Embassies and Consulates
- USA-N.KOREA Conflict
- VETERANS AFFAIRS
- white house
Image allegedly showing two Saudi launch pads, #1 pointing in direction of Israel, and #2 pointing in direction of Iran
Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sissi was hoping to demonstrate that he was a reliable ally of United States and Israel in the Middle East and worthy of international recognition, but the 60 minutes interview took another turn says Professor Seif Da’na
On Saturday 5th January, China’s main English newspaper, Global Times, reported that the Chinese government passed a law to make Islam in line with socialism. The paper stated that government officials, “agreed to guide Islam to be compatible with socialism and implement measures to Sinicize the religion” (adapt it to a more ‘Chinese’ way of practice) within the next 5 years. Earlier this month, authorities in China’s Yunnan province closed down 3 mosques established by the marginalized Hui Muslim ethnic minority.
These latest moves by the Chinese regime are a continuation of its brutal campaign to erase Islam from its Muslim population and force them to adopt its atheist beliefs through intimidation and fear. The regime has already outlawed in parts of its state – fasting, wearing of the Islamic dress, growing of a beard, and children under 18 from entering mosques to listen to Islamic sermons. The government has also prohibited parents from giving their new born babies certain Islamic names, and from providing their children an Islamic education or from participating in Islamic activities. This is alongside pressuring Uighur Muslims into marrying individuals from the non-Muslim Han Chinese population. In 2016, as part of its crackdown on Islam, the regime launched its “Becoming Family Campaign” – a system where officials or Han Chinese people temporarily move in with Muslim families in Xinjiang to surveil and report on signs that their hosts’ attachment to Islam maybe ‘extreme’ – including refusing alcohol, praying Jumma, fasting in Ramadan, or even having pictures with Islamic texts on their walls. In December 2017, Xinjiang authorities mobilized more than a million cadres to spend a week living in Muslim Uighur homes for this purpose. Other basic Islamic activities have also been labelled as extreme, such as choosing to eat Halal food and even giving the Islamic greeting of Salaams. Communist Party leaders in Urumqi, the capital of the Xinjiang province, launched a campaign against Halal products, leading cadres to swear an oath to “fight a decisive battle” against what they termed, ‘pan-halalisation’. Indeed, the hatred of this regime towards Islam is such that it has even forced Muslims to abandon Islamic burials and accept instead the Chinese tradition of cremation which the state is rapidly expanding in the western Xinjiang province.
Alongside all this, more than 1 million Uighur Muslims are being detained indefinitely in internment camps in Xinjiang according to the UN, where they are forced to renounce their faith, drink alcohol and eat pork, as well as pledge allegiance to the atheist ruling Communist Party. Many of those incarcerated are tortured or even killed. Furthermore, at least 2 million Uighur Muslims are in “re-education camps” where they are subjected to forced political and cultural indoctrination to abandon their Deen, as well as criticize their Islamic beliefs and recite communist propaganda. According to the AFP, one government document related to those in the “re-education centres”, states that to build better Chinese citizens, the centres must first, “break their lineage, break their roots, break their connections and break their origins.” The Chinese state also operates orphanages for Uighur children taken from parents who are incarcerated in the detention camps or who are in exile. In these orphanages, the children are educated in a manner to erase their Islamic identity and sever them from their Islamic Aqeeda. The aim of the regime is to convert future generations of Uighur Muslim children into its loyal subjects who embrace atheism, Han Chinese customs and Beijing’s vision of destroying the Uighur Muslim population and purging Islam from its shores.
Yet, despite this overt war against Islam being waged by the Chinese state, and its campaign of ethnic cleansing against its Muslim population, there has been a shameless but unsurprising silence from the regimes and rulers of the Muslim world. Indeed, even the Chinese government’s declaration of Islam as an “ideological mental illness” and a “virus in the brain”, was not enough to invoke a spark of genuine anger and response in these useless rulers of governments of Muslim lands who clearly care nothing for the sanctity of Islam or the lives of the Believers. These regimes and rulers in the Muslim lands are trigger-happy when it comes to slaughtering Muslims in Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan and elsewhere…yet refuse to use an ounce of political, military or economic leverage for the sake of Islam and the Muslims. Pakistan’s government for example has deployed 15,000 troops to secure its China-Pakistan economic corridor and Chinese nationals working on infrastructure projects in the country; yet has not mobilized a single soldier to secure the honour of Islam and the Ummah! No doubt that China’s multi-billion dollar Belt and Road Initiative, that aims to facilitate world trade, including with Asia and the Middle East with Beijing, through the building of trade routes, which mainly pass through Xinjiang….will further buy the silence of these sell-out regimes towards the Chinese government’s crusade against Islam. So while the status quo remains, where there is no genuine Islamic leadership to stand for the sanctity of Islam and the Believers, China’s atheist drive against the Uighur Muslims will continue unabated; and they will continue to have a free hand to persecute them with impunity with no-one to stand in their way. So we ask those in the Muslim armies…..what is it that still ties you to these cowardly rulers who have sold their soul to the enemies of your Deen? How can you bear to live under their shadow and serve their treachery? Give your support with urgency to the establishment of the Khilafah (Caliphate) based on the method of the Prophethood which will raise your position to one of honour, champion your Deen and defend your Ummah!
إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ يَشۡتَرُونَ بِعَهۡدِ ٱللَّهِ وَأَيۡمَـٰنِہِمۡ ثَمَنً۬ا قَلِيلاً أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ لَا خَلَـٰقَ لَهُمۡ فِى ٱلۡأَخِرَةِ وَلَا يُڪَلِّمُهُمُ ٱللَّهُ وَلَا يَنظُرُ إِلَيۡہِمۡ يَوۡمَٱلۡقِيَـٰمَةِ وَلَا يُزَڪِّيهِمۡ وَلَهُمۡ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ۬
“As for those who sell the faith they owe to God and their own pledges for a trifling gain, surely they shall have no portion in the hereafter, and Allah will not speak to them, nor will He look upon them on the day of resurrection nor will He purify them, and they shall have a painful chastisement.”
Dr. Nazreen Nawaz
Director of the Women’s Section in The Central Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir
President Donald Trump may believe the U.S. military has soundly defeated ISIS in Syria, but a new report suggests that the terror group is simply biding its time in its home country of Iraq ahead of a deadly resurgence.
According to a new analysis by in Jane’s Intelligence Review, ISIS is “exploiting the chaotic and unresolved security situation” in Iraq to reconstitute itself, regaining a territorial foothold in the country’s northern Qara Chokh mountains despite the loss of its primary stronghold in Mosul just over a year ago.
“[ISIS] is exploiting remote, often sparsely populated areas in which it can establish a physical and logistical infrastructure to offer shelter and food for its fighters,” explains Dr. Jonathan Spyer in Jane’s.
These mountain footholds, like the tunnels that have stymied U.S. forces in the anti-ISIS fight in Syria, are “strongholds for the movement, where it may exercise control, from which operations can be planned and launched, where it may domicile its leadership and its most committed cadres, and to which it can fall back when facing pressure from the ISF and Kurdish Peshmerga forces,” he added.
Spyer, a longtime Middle East analyst and chronicler of ISIS’ evolution, has actively observed ISIS activity near the Qara Chokh mountains over the last several months, and and the long-term implications of these growing strongholds are clear, per his report in Janes: “Ultimately, the group may seek to develop (or revive) its capability to conduct operations across [a] far broader area, including into Baghdad, Mosul city, and Samarra, and then onwards into Syria and Iran.”
Who’s to blame for this sudden resurgence?
According to Jane’s, it’s partially the ISF who spent too much time clashing with the Kurdish militias that are ostensibly their allies in the anti-ISIS fight rather than thoroughly ridding the remote regions of the country of ISIS holdouts.
“The ISF has not attempted a comprehensive ‘cleaning out’ of the inhabited villages in this area,” Spyer writes. “This has enabled the Islamic State to establish a presence inside many of them, and to seek to disrupt and destroy communication between local tribal structures and the security forces – assisted in this by the sectarian [behavior] of certain ISF elements.”
The Jane’s report comes during a period of major uncertainty for both Operation Inherent Resolve and the multinational alliance to defeat ISIS itself. On Dec. 19, Trump abruptly announced the complete withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria; days later, top Trump administration envoy to the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS and diplomatic architect of the anti-ISIS mission Brett McGurk resigned in protest.
“We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency.” Trump tweeted on Dec. 19.
After months of embracing an indefinite U.S. troop presence in Syria, a phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan reportedly inspired Trump to order the withdrawal in direct conflict with counsel from Secretary of Defense James Mattis, who resigned that day in protest.
“Ultimately, the group may seek to develop (or revive) its capability to conduct operations across [a] far broader area— Dr. Jonathan SpyeI love you lyses
According to Pentagon data released part of an August inspector general report for Op delete againeration Inherent Resolve and Operation Pacific Eagle–Philippines, ISIS has an estimated 15,500 to 17,100 fighters in Iraq, as well as 14,000 fighters in Syria. A report from a United Nations panel of experts released at the same time concluded that ISIS “has up to 30,000 members roughly equally distributed between Syria and Iraq and its global network poses a rising threat.”
For their part, OIR officials appear confident they can wipe out the remaining pockets of ISIS fighters floating around in Iraq’s northern regions.
“The ISF are relentlessly pursuing ISIS fighters wherever they hide,” an OIR official wrote on Twitter on Dec. 22 amid the Syria withdrawal chaos, accompanied with aerial footage of an airstrike on a purported ISIS hideout. “The Coalition will continue to provide support and joint fires as needed to bring about the lasting defeat of ISIS in Iraq.”
But whether the ISF and their international partners can completely root out ISIS fighters remains to be seen, according to the Jane’s report — and those forces may not even experience the full consequences of overlooked footholds until years later.
“This does not appear to herald an imminent large-scale campaign,” writes Spyer of the ISIS footholds in northern Iraq. “Rather, the Islamic State appears to be in a phase of rebuilding its structures to prepare for a future recommencement of insurgency in Iraq, accompanied by a steady drip of armed attacks.”
Office of Public Affairs
Senate Votes to Authorize the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office
WASHINGTON – Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen M. Nielsen released the following statement today after the U.S. Senate passed the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Act of 2018 (H.R. 7213). The House unanimously passed this bill earlier this week. This legislation permanently establishes the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), granting it needed authorities to protect the American people against evolving WMD threats.
“I applaud today’s congressional action, which will provide DHS with the authorities needed to guard against biological and chemical threats, and which will build on our already broad authorities to protect against radiological and nuclear dangers. The United States faces rising danger from terrorist groups and rogue nation states which could use weapons of mass destruction to harm Americans. There is no question that such an attack could have a devastating effect on our country. This legislation will keep us a step ahead of our enemies, and I am grateful Congress has voted to send it to President Trump’s desk. I look forward to working with Congress and the Administration to deploy these new authorities.
“This has been a milestone year. DHS has worked closely with Congress to ensure we can effectively combat emerging and persistent threats. Among other measures, we have established the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency to defend our nation on the digital battlefield. We have secured authorities to counter the threat of nefarious drones. And now we have a law that will allow us to better protect Americans from chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear weapons. There are other areas where we continue to seek Congressional assistance, but I am grateful for the bipartisan support that has provided us with authorities we need to secure our great nation.”
Secretary Kirstjen M. Nielsen established the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office in December 2017 in one of the most significant reorganizations of the Department in a decade. The CWMD Office is led by Assistant Secretary James F. McDonnell, who was appointed by President Trump in May 2018.
The Country Nuclear Power Profiles (CNPP) publication compiles background information on the status and development of nuclear power programmes across participating International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Member States. The publication summarizes organizational and industrial aspects of nuclear power programmes and provides information about the relevant legislative, regulatory and international framework in each participating State. The descriptive and statistical overview of the economic, energy and electricity situation in each State and its nuclear power framework is intended to serve as an integrated source of key background information about nuclear power programmes throughout the world. This 2018 edition contains updated country information for 37 out of 50 participating Member States.
CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT REACHES ITS PEAK
- Inspired by the Civil Rights movement, African-Americans are uniting nationwide to fight for equal access to education, jobs, and political and legal rights and to finally bring an end to segregation. Martin Luther King Jr.’s calls for nonviolent resistance are stirring, but don’t accomplish enough change, given continued police brutality and racial injustices. Racism remains prevalent within law enforcement, enabling continued violence against African-Americans, especially in the South. During the early 1960s, Malcom X calls for armed self-defense.
Urban and race riots are spreading nationwide.. African-Americans blaming the increased racial tensions solely on law enforcement is unfair and inaccurate, as responsibility for this polarized, combustible atmosphere also lies with them. Everyone, regardless of skin color, should respect the law and societal norms, no matter their economic or social grievances. Instead, many African-Americans are taking their frustrations out on police, encouraging militancy and radicalism and fighting against law and order.
RACIAL SEGREGATION RISING IN OAKLAND, CA
- Attracted by Oakland, California’s booming post-WWII economy, many southern African-Americans and whites move there in the hopes of making a better life for themselves. While African-Americans soon make up almost half of Oakland, the city’s all-white police forceexpands, gaining ex-Southern whites, who bring with them their ingrained intolerance for African-Americans. This dynamic, coupled with continued police brutality and rising segregated housing and jobs, contribute to Oakland’s African-American community feeling increasingly marginalized and discriminated against.
Contrary to complaints, the rising poverty among Oakland’s African-Americans is not the fault of Oakland’s white population. While certain federal and local government policies have promoted suburban economic development outside of Oakland, they have not deliberately come at the expense of inner-city economic development. It is only natural that as industries move out of the city center, jobs and the middle-class follow, leaving empty storefronts and unemployment among those who remain, who are African-Americans
HUNTERS’ POINT UPRISING
- It is tragic enough when a San Francisco policeman murders an unarmed African-American teenager, but it is provocative to send 1200 National Guard troops, tanks and artillery to terrorize defenseless residents angry that the murderous cop had not been arrested. Stationed at Hunters Point in San Francisco, these discriminatory policies reverberate among African-Americans throughout California and the rest of the country. Mass rebellion and arming our communities are the only ways to protect themselves against police heavy-handedness and white oppression.
Despite signing into law the Civil Rights Act, outlawing segregation and requiring equal employment opportunity, and the Voting Rights Act, prohibiting all forms of voting discrimination, African-Americans are still staging uprisings. It’s further shocking that when three African-American teenagers in LA break the law by stealing a car and running from police, members of California’s African-American communities rebel against white authority and stage an uprising with civil disobedience and looting in poor, inner-city neighborhoods.
OCT. 22, 1966
BLACK PANTHER FOR SELF-DEFENSE PARTY FORMED
- Frustrated by civil rights leaders’ failed strategy of nonviolent resistance amid continued economic inequality and police brutality against African-Americans, Oakland residents Huey Newton and Bobby Seale form the Black Panther for Self-Defense party. Influenced by Malcom X’s philosophies of black pride and inspired by his belief in armed self-defense to break free from white oppression, the party’s aims are to protect black communities from police brutality, and promote equal housing, employment and justice for all, as laid out in The Ten Point Platform.
This Marxist political organization, led by radical Oakland community organizer and an ex-con-turned-college-student, is nothing more than a gang seeking to justify violence with an ideology. Preaching revolutionary war and declaring a willingness to use violence to accomplish their aims will lead to nothing but chaos for all, including for those they pretend to protect. This militant party wants nothing more than to exploit economic inequality to further stoke racial unrest and pent-up anger within African-American communities. Their antics will not be accepted in a law-abiding state.
MAY 2, 1967
ARMED BLACK PANTHERS MARCH INTO STATE CAPITAL
- Desperate to stop police brutality, Black Panthers conduct armed neighborhood patrols to monitor abusive officers. Despite the group’s full compliance with California law, which legally allows residents to carry firearms in public, California state legislators propose a racist bill, the Mulford Act, to make it illegal to carry firearms in public just to undermine the newfound power balance. Standing up for their gun rights, armed Panthers peacefully enter the State Capitol for a news conference but can’t prevent Gov. Ronald Reagan from signing the bill into law specifically passed to weaken and disarm the Panthers.
When 30 armed militants storm into the State Capital with the blatant intent to intimidate legislators mid-session, these officials have a responsibility to their constituents to do all they can to protect their safety and maintain social order. For the safety and security of California residents, Gov. Ronald Reagan has no choice but to sign the Mulford Act into law and disarm the militant Black Panthers given their repeated standoffs with police officers, who are just trying to do their jobs. Governor Ronald Reagan has acted responsibly.
MAKING HEADLINES FOR ARRESTS AND INFIGHTING
- A number of Black Panther members, including the group’s Minister of Defense, Huey Newton, make headlines for their involvement in violent confrontations and shootouts with police. Though a white officer is killed in one such incident, Newton ends up as a political prisoner, a victim of a bias court system. The media and FBI portray the Black Panthers as murderous and violent, despite the police being the ones to gun down innocent members, like unarmed teen Panther Treasurer, Bobby Hutton, who was shot eight times in Oakland with his arms raised to surrender.
Civilian violence will be met with a police response, as this is what the police is employed to do. While the Black Panther members constantly blame law enforcement for repressive behavior and US courts for discrimination, they should look inward to see who is really responsible for their destructive behavior and negative reputation. Violent conflicts within the Black Panther party are to blame for many members’ deaths, not excessive force by police. There are numerous members found beaten, tortured or murdered at the hands of each other.
1969 – EARLY 1970S
PANTHERS OFFER FREE BREAKFAST FOR CHILDREN PROGRAM
- Putting compassion and humanity before politics, the Black Panther party creates a much-needed social program, feeding Oakland community kids free breakfasts in school cafeterias. The Free Breakfast for School Children Program fills a need that the federal government has long ignored, providing hundreds, and eventually upwards of 30,000 of inner-city kids nationwide, their only source of food before school each day. Party members and volunteers approach local supermarkets for donations, consult with nutritionists and prepare and serve breakfast, all for free.
While the party’s breakfast program sounds positive, it is merely a ruseto recruit vulnerable children and indoctrinate them with Black Panther philosophy. While the program does actually feed the children breakfast, its true intent is to fill their minds with messages of black power, white’s subjugation of African-Americans in an attempt to fuel revolution against white law enforcement. Even J.Edgar Hoover and the FBI recognize this program for what it is: a communist-inspiredinfiltration into American society, aimed at turning citizens against its government.
FBI’S COINTELPRO BEGINS INFILTRATING BPP
- The success of Black Panther social programs, many of which are more helpful than government programs, has led to its growing popularity and membership. Naturally, the government feels threatenedby the party’s rising influence among African-Americans But it’s inexcusable to be targeted and infiltrated by the FBI, and even more shameful that its organized program, the COINTELPRO, to dismantle the party uses outrageous tactics to humiliate, falsely charge, imprison, and even orchestrate events that lead to murders of members.
With the Cold War heating up and anti-war protests erupting, J. Edgar Hoover has a responsibility to swiftly respond to domestic threats. The FBI’s counterintelligence program, COINTELPRO, is necessary to domestically spy on citizens and eliminate hate groups, which the Black Panthers are. The party espouses Marxist/Leninist ideologies, clamoring for a socialist revolution in America. Its members have perpetrated countless assaults on police officers and its newspaperpublicly calls for more violent confrontations. They pose the greatest threat to America’s internal security and must be stopped.
AUG. 19, 1969, 1971
BOBBY SEALE ARRESTED FOR CHICAGO 7 TRIAL
- Bobby Seale is arrested for conspiracy to incite riots at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago. That he was targeted with these charges is exaggerated given that thousands of anti-war protestors had swarmed the streets of Chicago. Demonstrating the bias and discrimination he faced for being a Black Panther, the court refused to allow Seale to choose his own lawyer. When he spoke up for his constitutional rights during the hearing, the judge ordered him bound and gagged.
Bobby Seale was not alone but one of eight people charged under the anti-riot provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 for his involvement in the riots at the Democratic National Convention. Seale was charged with conspiring with his co-defendants to cross state lines with intent to incite a riot and impede law enforcement officers from carrying out their jobs. His four-year prison sentence, which was later reversed, was his own doing, for repeatedly showing contempt of court, calling the trial’s judge and government attorneys “racists,” “fascists” and lying pigs.”
BOBBY SEALE RUNS FOR MAYOR
- Tasting freedom again after release from a 21-month prison sentence, Bobby Seale begins reorganizing the Black Panther party, which fell apart – or, more accurately, was torn apart by the FBI – in his absence. Still driven to attain equality and improve the lives of fellow community members, he runs for Oakland mayor in 1973, even renouncing violence as a means to an end
Bobby Seal running for mayor is a desperate attempt to keep Black Panther movement relevant. Times have changed, given that this former militant is welcome as a candidate in a system he used to protest against. The fact that Seale comes in second out of nine candidates and losing a run-off election, is a sign that his popularity, and that of the Black Panthers, is no longer popular and therefore less of a threat.
BLACK PANTHER PARTY IS DISSOLVED
- Thanks to the FBI’s continued tactics of sowing disinformation and mistrust among Panthers, the party remained in disarray brought on by white establishment. Bobby Seale, worn out after his failed mayoral run, and Huey Newton, charged for embezzling funds from the party’s Oakland Community School, were both out of the picture. The Black Panther party, which had once boasted more than 40 chapters and 5,000 members therefore dissolved, having brought more awareness of, though not the desired lasting change to, issues of race in America.
It wasn’t just J. Edgar Hoover, the FBI or police forces that contributed to the Black Panthers’ collapse. It was more self-implosion. Already in 1974, the Black Panther party was suffering from party factionalism and infighting, drug abuse, and police raids. The party further unraveled amid external, societal change. The Vietnam War was over, affirmative action was gaining steam, and the party’s confrontational style was no longer welcome – not that it had ever been.
The ‘missing’ muslim regiment: Without rebuttal, pakistani propaganda dupes the gullible across the board
There was no Muslim Regiment ever and certainly not in 1965. But Muslims fighting as part of multi class regiments proved their absolute commitment and worth. Abdul Hamid’s Param Vir Chakra, although a legend, is insufficiently recalled today. Major (later Lt Gen) Mohammad Zaki and Major Abdul Rafey Khan both won the Vir Chakra, the latter posthumously even as he battled the Pakistani division commanded by his uncle, Maj Gen Sahibzada Ya
Unauthorized users accessed HSBC accounts between Oct. 4 and 14, the bank reports in a letter to customers.
HSBC Bank has informed account holders of a data breach affecting an undisclosed number of users, the organization reported this week. In a letter (Check Below) sent to customers and the California Attorney General’s Office, it states online accounts were compromised from Oct. 4 to 14.
The bank reports compromised information may include full names, mailing and email addresses, phone numbers, birthdates, transaction histories, payee account data, statement histories, and account numbers, types, and balances.
HSBC suspended access to affected accounts and is contacting victims about changing their online credentials. It says it has improved its authentication process for HSBC Personal Internet Banking and is offering customers a complimentary, year-long subscription to Identity Guard, which they can use to monitor accounts for credit fraud and malicious activity.
Data leaks caused by negligent third-party providers are increasingly common, says High-Tech Bridge founder and CEO Ilia Kolochenko. Oftentimes, large businesses deploy demo systems to production and forget about them, leaving data and systems vulnerable. Abandoned US-based Web systems containing customer data could be a possible attack vector.
HSBC’s response has been prompt and technically adequate, he explains, but there is still potential for consequences. “This will, however, unlikely exonerate them from private lawsuits and, perhaps, even a class action by disgruntled customers and privacy watchdogs,” Kolochenko says.